QNAP® Systems, Inc. (QNAP), a leading computing, networking, and storage solution innovator, today introduced QuTScloud as its software-defined cloud NAS solution that enables the deployment of QTS, the QNAP NAS operating system, on to the cloud through license subscription.
For organizations which have stored most of their data on the cloud but lack a good management system to capitalize their digital assets, they can select from cloud service providers including AWS®, Microsoft® Azure, Alibaba Cloud®, and DigitalOcean® to create a virtual QTS instance for the implementation of QuTScloud. Supporting advanced file management and collaboration that is unavailable from most cloud platforms, the cloud-based NAS is a great solution that not only optimizes usage of data stored on the cloud, but also benefits users from the expected file services and feature-rich NAS functionalities. Additional QuTScloud solution advantages include hybrid cloud collaboration, pay-as-you-go scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
“QuTScloud is a virtual appliance that leverages cloud infrastructure to give users the functionality they can expect from a premise-based QNAP NAS,” said Aseem Manmualiya, Product Manager of QNAP adding, “It offers a great option especially to users who manage multiple SaaS-enabled applications in the cloud, along with significant benefits of greater price-performance flexibility.”
QuTScloud can be quickly launched on major cloud services in three steps:
- Deploy QuTScloud as a virtual machine on a cloud platform.
- Purchase a license from the QNAP Software Store.
- Generate a QuTScloud license key using the QNAP License Manager and initialize QuTScloud.
QuTScloud provides App Center that includes numerous free apps and several value-added paid apps for boosting QuTScloud functionality and adding more features. Key features include, but not limited to, the following:
- Supports CIFS/SMB, NFS, AFP, and iSCSI protocols for easy file access.
- Windows AD and LDAP integration simplify directory management.
- Data uploaded to major cloud storage (via HBS, HybridMount or VJBOD Cloud) can be mounted in the QuTScloud instance.
- Speedy snapshots and versioning backup and restore responses.
- A comprehensive search engine Qsirch to locate enterprise files instantly.