KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2019 was a great success with record-breaking registrations, attendance, sponsorships, and co-located events for our annual European conference. With 7,700 registrations, attendance for this year’s event in Barcelona grew by 84% from last year’s event in Copenhagen. 74% of these attendees were at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon for the first time.
The KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2019 conference transparency report.
- Attendance grew by 84% from last year’s KubeCon event in Copenhagen.
- Feedback from attendees was very positive with all surveyed highly recommending the event to a colleague or friend.
- 95 media and analysts attended the event, generating more than 5,300 clips of compelling event news.
- 353 speakers – 23% – were accepted to speak at the event, out of 1,535 CFP submissions – a new record for our European event.
- Over 50% of attendees participated in one or more of the 27 workshops, mini-summits and training sessions hosted by community members the day prior to the conference.
- The event drew attendees from 93 countries across 6 continents.
- Leveraging the $100,000 in diversity scholarship funds available from Aspen Mesh, CNCF, Google Cloud, Red Hat, Twistlock, and VMware, CNCF provided travel and/or conference registration to 56 applicants.
- 40% of the keynote and 14% of the track speakers were led by women.
- Over 200 people attended the Diversity Lunch + Hack, sponsored by Google Cloud and over 60 people attended the EmpowerUs reception.
- Kubernetes, Prometheus and Helm were the top three projects in terms of attendee interest.
- The two reasons respondents cited for attending KubeCon + CloudNativeCon were to learn (72.4%) and to network (18.6%)
Save the Dates!
Speaker submissions are open and due on July 12 for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2019 which takes place in San Diego from November 18-21. Registration is open.
We’ll be back in Europe for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe in Amsterdam from March 30-April 2, 2020. Registration will go live at the end of the year.
We hope to see you at one of or all of these upcoming events!